What's new

Assignment 1 Motion Photography

Richard

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 23, 2007
Messages
269
Reaction score
0
Location
North Carolina, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Everyone,

I am really excited; I have started my first photography class this semester. Even though I have learned a lot on this forum and many other web sites, I know I will take something from this class. Just being able to tell my wife I have to go and take some pictures for class is really nice. Here are some photos from my first photo assignment. The assignment was to shoot things at different shutter speeds, more specifically either 500th plus or 30th minus. Then to shoot some photos using the pan technique.

1.
NikonD40-9629-1.jpg


2.
NikonD40-9658.jpg


3.
NikonD40-9844-1.jpg


4.
NikonD40-9797.jpg
 
My teacher said that was the first time he's seen coins used for this assignment. Thank you for the comment. I like that one also, I would like to improve on it though. First I would like to change the background, I think it is too busy and takes away from the coins. I would also like to only use pennies so that maybe the thought of "Pennies from Heaven" would come across.
 
#3 is my fav definatley. The colors all blend so nicely.
 
Seems like you are on the way to an A+++++ in your class! :)
 
Seems like you are on the way to an A+++++ in your class! :)

I would definitely have to agree, these are some excellent pictures. I really like the coins. You said that the background was too busy, try a black background with some lighting, I think that would look cool.
 
#1 is the best... Like you said for the background, maybe if you made it black, and when the flash (if you are using it) hits them, it would make a reflection and truly look like: "pennies from heaven".

Just my idea.
 
Thanks for all the comments, I will try the black sheet and flash. I would love to find a grassy hill with a beautiful blue sky filling most of the frame with the coins falling... ohhh I think I know a spot that might work. I will post any updated photos.

Next week Assignment 2 Quality of Light will be due. I will post that assignment soon.
 
Really nice pictures! I was just thinking of doing the same thing with water... Wanted to throw up a bucket of water and then take a photograph of it. Now you really convinced me to do that :D The coins are really nice!
 
I think it would be cool to see the same shot with someone standing under an umbrella with the coins bouncing off like rain.... crash helmet optional :)
 
#3 - NICE - you got the kids face clean with everything else moving what a nice sense of motion to that one.

#1 - I AGREE - consistant background would make this alot better. Interesting concept
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom