At the risk of being labeled a heretic - -

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
At the risk of being labeled a heretic in this Canon/Nikon crowd I offer a couple pics taken with a Panasonic G1. This camera allows one to use most any old film camera lenses with the appropriate adapter.

I took the same shot with a Minolta Rokkor 55/1.7 & a Pentax Super Takumar 55/1.8 set wide open. I set the ISO @ 100, the lowest for this camera & shooting in aperture priority the shutter speed was flashing red @ 1/4000s indicating over exposure. They were shot in jpeg with the camera white balance set to shade & are presented here unaltered except for resizing.

Minolta Rokkor 55/1.7

P1010592Rokkor.jpg

Pentax Super Takumar 55/1.8

P1010591Takumar.jpg

I find the Takumar to have more vivid colour & definition.

I have more legacy lenses coming in the mail to experiment with.

In the final analysis, all that matters is the image. What you used to make the image is irrelevant.

On a side note: Old is easier to type than legacy.;)

On a side note: Old is easier to type than legacy.;)

Now why did this old hunt & peck guy not think of that?

There are folk that claim some old glass is as good as today's bulky lenses with auto-focus motors built in. My first SLR, a Minolta, was manual focus so the fact these old lenses require manual focusing is not an issue for me. I actually don't mind @ all.

On the subject of Quality; I have a Vivitar series 1, version 2 by Tokina, 70-210mm f4.0 coming in the mail that I cannot wait to play with. Some say it is a pro grade lens. :D

All things equal, it all depends on the photographer, Ron! Good job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back