ATTACK OF THE SNAIL

zbo2408

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This lil guy was crossing my walkway out front and I was able to snag a few close ups. Hope the flash didn't bother him.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

IMG_35431227058534967.jpg

Hahaha pretty cool. I personally have never seen a snail in so much detail.

I really like pic #1. The detail in all of them is amazing. Good shots.

Thanks for the compliments ya'll I was really happy with how well they turned out.
Although I cannot say this one was too difficult Ron... I took a couple quick shots to get my exposure figured out
f/8
1/500
ISO 50
Flash on it's weakest setting & camera in macro mode... and I really hate to say this but basically just shot away... My A95 beeps twice when it think's it is focused & only once when it cannot achieve focus so I was basically just snapping with my manual exposure factors... I had just gotten out of the shower & wasn't in the mood for laying in the grass or on the walkway to get the pics haha.

I do like this series - the lowkey effect in 2 works really well (that of the black background) though it would have been nice to have had the whole snail in that shot.
It might also be an idea to put some toilet paper or tissue paper (white of course) infront of your flash - that will help to diffuse the light from it and remove the harsh effects it can cause in photos :)

Good shooting :)

I do like this series - the lowkey effect in 2 works really well (that of the black background) though it would have been nice to have had the whole snail in that shot.
It might also be an idea to put some toilet paper or tissue paper (white of course) infront of your flash - that will help to diffuse the light from it and remove the harsh effects it can cause in photos :)

Good shooting :)

Thanks for the toilet paper diffuser idea! I have often struggled with the flash in my macro shots, I will be using this tip right away! Thanks!

Phew *wipes sweat from head* for a moment I thought you where on about techno-snail (sorry drunken joke with my friends but I needed to say)

Nice pics tho mate - hope you're proud ^_^

Most reactions

New Topics

Back