Attempt at aged black and white.

ferox femina

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I tried to do a "old timey" black and white deal here. I realize the stuffed animal hammock in the upper left corner is distracting, but here goes.

2457258157_599c278a71.jpg

I actually wasn't distracted by the hammock thing until you mentioned it. :) Not that you were looking for a crop commentary, but maybe you could crop that out a bit... you probably like the off-center subject though. Just an idea.

Anyway, what did you mean by old-timey?

Love the eyes, btw. :)

What is the worst thing? :D I have to know so I can continue to perfect myself.

And she was quite hungry. That's her, "Just gimme the boob already, woman!" face.

she is very cute!! I would love to see that thing cropped out. I can imagine you think the composition might not be as desirable, though.

Great picture! Very cute! What I might do to make it have more of an old photo feel is add more noise and a strong light vignette (so the corners go all white). Other than that just keep it the way it is!

I love the different shades in her face and eyes, it gives her cute little round face a lot of dimension.

Please define "Old timey." Grain is not a problem in older photographs. I would like to see the contrast bumped up a little, and printed on glossy paper. To make it look older, like me, try a sepia tint.
I just get worked up over old timey things since I am an antique myself.
She is a beautiful little girl and it would be hard to take a picture of her that is not great.
The Hammock in the top adds to the picture In My Humble Opinion as it fill a void, and too much cropping would destroy the composition. I thought it was a wreath at first.
Judge Sharpe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back