What's new

Attempt on Portraiture (?)

eduboy

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Location
Philippines
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys, it's just my first few attempts in photographing people. Below is a fun shoot me and my girlfriend made last night... with only one light bulb.

I'd like to know if the photo is ok for a portrait. I don't know what's it called actually. Here in our place, when one says portraiture it's almost equivalent to fashion, glamour, magazine type...I do not even know if mine is just a snapshot or a photo :D... just let me learn a few here, pls thanks.

1/6, f4.5, iso1600 (handheld in little light and i've got shaky grip :D )
3702447947_2e8e69632e.jpg


3703259822_931ebd8297.jpg


0.6, f4, iso400
3700872650_0d07a0def7.jpg


thanks in advance guys
 
I like the first and 3rd the most.
#2 just looks toooooo posed and doesn't speak to me.
 
I like the first and 3rd the most.
#2 just looks toooooo posed and doesn't speak to me.

Thanks much Bitter Jeweler :) I agree with what you said, #2 was "scripted" unlike the other (kinda candid and spur of the moment) :)
 
Yeah. #1 makes me feel like I am passing a nice person on the street saying hello, while #3 makes me feel like I am standing by somebody who won't give me the time of day while waiting for a train.

#2 is trying to hard to say something, but ultimately says nothing.

Keep shootin!
 
wow... i'm glad the photos were able to relay something
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom