Attempting to Find Commercial Feel

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did another model shoot yesterday, but this time instead of my normal headshots, typical model book stuff, I tried for more of a commercial fashion feel. I am posting too many for the critique forum (and have also posted this in the People forum), but I am looking for suggestions and critique on the whether or not the following have a "commercial" feel. The model is "Kristen":
Kristen1web.jpg

kristen2web.jpg

Kristen3web.jpg

Kristen4web.jpg

kristen5web.jpg

kristen6web.jpg

kristen7web.jpg

kristen8web.jpg

Kristen9web.jpg

Thank you for looking and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

The close up face shot appears to be the best out of the bunch for me, it captures the highest level of detail the model could present. It also appears that you have a subject that is at ease with you shooting, that is VERY good.

In my opinion 2 and 5 have the most commercial feel. They bring some emotion in the viewers connection which is very important.

there's certainly no doubt you'll get flooded with responses on this one....she's very attractive and your skill is definately shining through as usual here! she seems completely natural in front of a lens....i'm sure due to your ability to set the mood! as before, choose one and throw it in critique! well done Cindy!

Ok, I'll try critique again, but which one???? I'm just trying to do what I see in mags, but I have no idea what editors look for when selecting. It's like a child dressing in adult clothing. I'm just mimicking what I see with no idea about the "why" of it.

Ok, wait. I had a lesson today, and I want to see if I understood the assignment. I know which one I will attempt.

elsaspet said:
Ok, wait. I had a lesson today, and I want to see if I understood the assignment.

took the words right out of my mouth

Most reactions

Back