dEARlEADER

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It's out in a couple of weeks....

it's full frame....

it's cmos...

it's not much more than you paid for your D300..

it's beautiful....

it's what you would have bought instead of your D300 if it was out....

you want it...

but you scrimped and saved everything you had for the D300...

you may even think you don't want it.... that's just denial....

you may try to make lame excuses why you don't need it... that's just denial....

NOW YOU NEED TO HAVE IT...

but your D300 is getting the way....

you feel guilty even looking at anymore...

the love is lost...

the image quality seems to be getting worse...

I'm here to help...

I will buy that old bucket of bolts...

I will turn your junk into treasures.... canadian dollar treasures....

I'll pay .50 to dollar on a D300 with less than 7500 miles....

It doesn't sound like a deal.... but you really need the money....

She is waiting for you.... you can't ignore her now....

You forgot to also post that you have a D60 for sale

NO NO NO.....

The D60 with my $100 50mm is gonna be the rig I take to parties and other dangerous places.... maybe the canoe... or bungie jumping... what ever..

maybe i'll try taping the shutter down and bowl with it....

anyways... let us not focus on lowly D60's...

let us focus on D700's..... she's a beauty.... she's the gift that keeps on giving...

she's always on.... she NEVER says no....

unlike your D300.... her battery says NO NO NO all the time.... who needs that????

But isnt it you who will regret getting a D300 instead of a D700? I was already saving for a D3 when I got my D300 on a whim at refund time. So now I wont have to save as much. I still plan on keeping my D300 though but, I may sell you a D80 for cheap. :lol:

Pretty sure this thread should be in the Buy and Sell forum...

http://thephotoforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26

Actually no.... the thread is satirical..... I'm just taking hacks at the D300 owners who would have spent more if they had the opportunity.....

If I truly wanted a D300 I would scoop one from one of the gear heads over at the nikon forum.... those people are like crack addicts with new models....

Note: Not that I would turn down any .50 to the dollar offer on a D300 from a local forum member.

But thanks for play Mod for a day Marcus... maybe soon you'll get that promotion and you can padlock all my threads:lmao::lmao::lmao:.. kidding .. relax...

Yeah I pretty much took it as a satire with that offer. I would let you look through my D300 for .50 on the dollar.

Or you could do what I'm doing, and return the D300 and buy the D700. I got lucky, the sales rep is going to let me return the D300 next week when the D700 I pre-ordered comes in. Luckily I just bought the D300 a month ago.

Here's my view..

Anything wider than 20mm (that's FX equiv.), for my shooting style, has too much distortion.

I've pushed mine off couches onto hardwood, ran it under a tap (my room mate was curious as to how weather sealed it is :D), and I'm continuously blown away by its hi-ISO performance (when you pay attention to your histograms and expose/light properly.. wow!).

I'm not going to be buying anymore DX glass, and my main lust right now is PC lenses and the 200/2 VR.

I will someday buy an FX Nikon body, but it will be because my D300's shutter hits its natural end, or if I need a second body.

Not sure what your idea of a little more expensive is, but you can get a d300 for about $1600 right now and I've heard that the D700 will retail for $3000 when it starts production.

Jerry

I think the D300 owners who want to upgrade to D700 or D3 should start selling theirs by now. Let the lower side among us know what the beast is like. But I have not seen the mass sale yet, not even a dot. Christmas maybe.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back