Audi R8 | V10

weavedesigns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure if this is where Im supposed to post this, but.....

I wanted to share with you a video I just filmed and edited yesterday. I was at the Audi dealership in Nashua, NH. They let me take some pictures and film a video. Although I wasn't able to turn the car on, get in it, or take it outside, I hope you enjoy. It was awaiting pick up and well, who wants someone in their car when their not there
icon_smile.gif
. Comments and constructive criticism is encouraged. Thanks for watching!

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^

hey, HOUSTON!!!

Couple of things I noticed... The editing was pretty decent, you had some nice dolly looking shots. It looked like you used autofocus for this though, which is not great. The jumpy focus looks bad, and you should strongly consider using manual focus when filming.

You also should have definitely removed the giant "HOLD/SOLD" tag, because if this was for some kind of promotion potential buyers would see it as sold and not even come look at their selection.

The green tinge to it doesn't do it for me. I'd much rather see it be a properly color balanced video, especially since it's so contrasty as it is with the black car and off white floors.

What lens did you use to film this with, and what do you have at your disposal?

like, tyler said pretty much, editing, angle all look nice but the auto focus seaching its killing it.

Couple of things I noticed... The editing was pretty decent, you had some nice dolly looking shots. It looked like you used autofocus for this though, which is not great. The jumpy focus looks bad, and you should strongly consider using manual focus when filming.

You also should have definitely removed the giant "HOLD/SOLD" tag, because if this was for some kind of promotion potential buyers would see it as sold and not even come look at their selection.

The green tinge to it doesn't do it for me. I'd much rather see it be a properly color balanced video, especially since it's so contrasty as it is with the black car and off white floors.

Thanks for the comments. I used a 50mm 1.8 and a tamron 17-50. I did manual focus, however the focus pulls weren't that great. As for the sold sign, They wouldn't let me take it off, or even open the car doors for that matter. I guess I can see how the green tinge wouldn't do it for you, I just wanted to try something different with the colors.

Thanks for the comments. I used a 50mm 1.8 and a tamron 17-50. I did manual focus, however the focus pulls weren't that great. As for the sold sign, They wouldn't let me take it off, or even open the car doors for that matter. I guess I can see how the green tinge wouldn't do it for you, I just wanted to try something different with the colors.

Well if I had purchased a $170k car I wouldn't want the dealership to let you put your hands on it either. ;)

That's pretty lame of them for not letting you take the sold sticker off. It's not like it's going to change anything. They're pretty stupid to not let you do it, if they're going to use it.

I don't imagine that the 50mm f/1.8 is easy to manually focus with. The Tamron should be somewhat better. Just practice with the focus pulls and you'll be set. :thumbup:

shame you couldn't take it outside, the ending before the Audi logo just needs an aerial clip of it tearing it up down a straight road. I get the feeling they'd have something to say about that though.

It's not like it's going to change anything. They're pretty stupid to not let you do it, if they're going to use it.
g.php

Most reactions

Back