Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. Noisy Minor

nativeaustralianminorbi.jpg

2. Rainbow Lorikeet

rainbowlorikeet.jpg

C&C always welcome.

Also I am wanting to learn more about bird photography and am curious as to whether anyone has any tips or ideas, espeically with shooting birds midflight?

Wow! POP POP POP
The birds are so clear they seem almost real.

I like the second best. Both photos are really good. The birds stand out well, especially in the second.

My only gripe about the first is I would have preferred for both birds to be in focus.

But the second is gorgeous...

Both are very nice shots. The first would look better as a horizontal crop without the top bird in the frame (it only serves to distract from the bird that is your subject).

My only nitpick about the second shot is that the bird is on something man-made.

When photographing birds, make sure the eyes are in focus and sharp, you can usually see a fleshy ring around their eyes with they are nice and sharp. And, avoid shooting them on man-made objects (like bird feeders).

An easy way to get in-flight shots is to set up your camera on a tripod, manually focus on a bird feeder that is frequented often by birds and, then move your lens just far enough away from the feeder so that it cannot be seen in the frame. Use a shutter cable release and, try to keep yourself out of view of the birds. You will go through a lot of shots of the birds coming and going, but you should get a few that turn out nice.

Thanks for the comments and cheers for the info Paul, much appreciated. :)

Most reactions

Back