Auto bracket more than 3 exposures?

theregoesjb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm talking with a company about some photography work and they require 5 bracketed exposures. My canon rebel does 3, is there a way to adjust this? If not, which cameras can do this?

You can just do the 5 using manual exposure. I always hate when I turn on the bracketed exposure and then forget to turn it off.

The 70D and 80D would be the least expensive to do 5 frame in camera exposure bracketing. They will do 2,3,5 and 7 frame brackets.

Once upon a time there was no built-in bracketing features and it was always a manual process. Now that most cameras have exposure bracketing, most limit it to 3 exposures but some allow more. But that doesn't stop you from doing it via the original manual method where you take a shot, adjust the shutter speed, take another shot, etc. until you've got all the exposures you want.

If you must use the auto-bracket feature, when you set it to do the auto-bracket, you can select your three exposures up to a maximum of -3, 0, and +3, correct? It automatically selects the same above and below 0, correct? So, if you select +3, it auto selects -3. At least this is what I have on my Canon Rebel XSi.

Why not do it at the maximum, and then, while still on the tripod, do it again somewhere in between? You'll end up with 6 shots; for example, -3, -1, 0, 0, +1, +3? Just delete the extra 0 shot, then you'll have 5 shots: -3, -1, 0, +1, +3?

(It might be different on the newer Canon Rebels?)

why do they require such an arbitrary number?

Most reactions

Back