Auto Focus points.....

The consumer and mid-level lenses from Canon and Nikon are pretty close to a dead heat, I think. If you're buying on price, it would be very smart to go to a store and actually handle the two cameras, to see which you prefer. You might find the ergonomics of one camera better than another, or you might find the viewfinder preferable on one camera or the other. The only areas where I think Nikon has a relatively undisputed edge over Canon is the ability to edit images in-camera on the Nikon, and the Nikon flash system's performance and versatility.

But seriously, you absolutely must hold and operate the cameras. One of the to will feel better to you, I can almost guarantee you. Both will take fine pictures.

Well said. Darned SB-900's and their 200mm zoom. Damn, that is sexy.

Well I did go and hold both today and the Nikon buttons seemed in a better shot but by the time I got to hold both and play around my 2yr old started getting uneasy. Ive read some reviews of both here: Digital Cameras, Digital Camera Reviews - The Imaging Resource! and it seems the Canon beats out the Nikon in the noise at higher ISOs and from what I have read a better lens in the kit? All this research makes me wish I had a real camera shop within an hour so I could give them both a test drive...

Most reactions

Back