Automotive Photo Review (GTO)

Wow...even I could do better than that "pro" and that's saying something!

His photo's are terrible.... did he have any idea what he was doing ? I have seen a lot of "Pro Photographers" that have been hired by or work for car magazines that have a lot of work ahead of them to be decent. Well done your photo's look very good i presume you shall be shooting the cars yourself from now on?

I do shoot our own company photos and only really started doing anything photo related 2 to 2 1/2 years ago since my boss needed me to. However, since it was for the magazine they had there own guy as most do or higher. I personally thought they looked horrible but wanted other opinions from ppl who actually leave and breath photography.

Most recent issue of Import Tuner magazine has a feature of a EK Civic hatchback with our wheels on it. Again another photographer but outside using strobes. Results I feel are better but some still look horrible due to hard spots everywhere. 2000 Honda Civic Dx Front View Photo

I do shoot our own company photos and only really started doing anything photo related 2 to 2 1/2 years ago since my boss needed me to. However, since it was for the magazine they had there own guy as most do or higher. I personally thought they looked horrible but wanted other opinions from ppl who actually leave and breath photography.

Most recent issue of Import Tuner magazine has a feature of a EK Civic hatchback with our wheels on it. Again another photographer but outside using strobes. Results I feel are better but some still look horrible due to hard spots everywhere. 2000 Honda Civic Dx Front View Photo

The Honda photos in that link are better than the G8 photos in the original post but I still think they aren't that great.

The Honda itself is lit ok, but they weren't good at avoiding the reflections in the wheels so there are still some harsh spots.

Cool, you work for CCW? Agreed, the G8 does not look good at all, and I am a noobie, so thats pretty bad.
More than often I am faced with that situation, where you are better than the person sent to do the job but I just say eff it eh, my time will come and so will yours.

i'd be embarrassed to give those original shots to my customer..

OP's shots, however, are very nice. I like the lighting.

(Damn.. look at that fat tyre 0_0 )

good lord, those are horrible! your photos are great! that just shows it take more than fancy equipment to get a good shot

the import tuner shot isn't too great either, location and height is good but the photo is YUK!!!

you need to tell your boss you should be the only one to take pics for a while lol

Most reactions

Back