Autumn Squirrel

nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Saw a bunch of these running around a tree. The light was starting to get dim and these little buggers are fast!

Nikon D610 + 70-300 VR @ 300mm, 1/250th, f/5.6, ISO 1250. Processed in LR CC.

Nicely done, but I think it might be worth cropping away a good chunk of the bottom (say, everything below where the root disappears into the ground) as well as a bit of the LH side, and then dialing the red and/or saturation sliders back a bit.

This is what it looked like before I edited it. I did quite a bit because it was so muted. I was losing light really fast and I did my best to make it pop.

Perhaps it is a little red, but when I dialed the HSL sliders back I just don't like it.

DSC_6500.jpg

How about trying local enhancements on just Mr. Whirrel? He doesn't look bad, but the surrounding ground looks quite fake in the processed version.

Nicely done, but I think it might be worth cropping away a good chunk of the bottom (say, everything below where the root disappears into the ground) as well as a bit of the LH side, and then dialing the red and/or saturation sliders back a bit.

Agreed. Cute squirrel but a blown red channel and magenta color cast. Crop is a good suggestion as well and then in LR drag a gradient up over the bottom and knock it down some.

Joe

Thoughts? I think it looks a bit more natural and still has those autumn colors.

DSC_6500.jpg

Thoughts? I think it looks a bit more natural and still has those autumn colors.

View attachment 112349

Are you processing an NEF file in LR?

You're headed in the right direction. You raised the color temp from 4200 K to 4381 K. Those are unrealistic figures given the lighting condition. Keep going.

Joe

I fixed the problem. No colors to worry about now. Boom.

DSC_6500.jpg

Most reactions

Back