Avalanche!

James_L

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
36105110.jpg

Hollycrap! Amazing shot! and you got somesone standing next to it!

That shot looks crazy!

Question: Did you photoshop this pic? I see a bit of a haloing effect on the edge of the rocks on the left side. Kind of throws me off a bit...

the_peel said:
Question: Did you photoshop this pic? I see a bit of a haloing effect on the edge of the rocks on the left side. Kind of throws me off a bit...

The avalanche and the person are real.

But yes, I did mess with levels, curves, and saturation. I'm still learning how to correct photos in ps. I see the haloing you refer to. It seems you have to go gently with those adjustments or you get noise, haloing, other junk,...

WTF!

If I were the guy standing looking at it... you'd get a photo of avalanche and a guy who's blurred at 1/500th of a sec.

Nan C said:
O M G ! ! ! :shock:

my sentiments exactly. did you get an after shot of his arms and legs sticking out of a large snowball? :wink:

WOW that is awesome!

<--- This guy still hasn't seen snow in person :(

Zach :D

DocFrankenstein said:
WTF!

If I were the guy standing looking at it... you'd get a photo of avalanche and a guy who's blurred at 1/500th of a sec.

Oh man, the image i have in my head is priceless: an avalanche speeding down a mountian devouring trees and everything in its path, perfectly frozen, and this pinkish/ bluish/ black blur going off the side of the frame
"Whats that?"
"Oh that was my buddy running away"

James, this is an amazing photo. I love it and the person adds so much to the scale and really brings me into the moment.

DocFrankenstein said:
WTF!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

aggiezach said:
<--- This guy still hasn't seen snow in person

Ditto. But of course I'm also in Texas so maybe that is the reason. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back