What's new

Aviation Museum Open Day

Jono

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 3, 2007
Messages
87
Reaction score
13
A few detail shots of some aircraft from a local museum. All comments welcomed.

1:Westland Wessex HC2 XR517
1/30 ISO800 f4
9741552211_236c4405e1_b.jpg



2:Blackburn Buccaneer S2B XV361
1/1600 ISO200 f4
9741552221_e22784e20b_b.jpg



3:Blackburn Buccaneer S2B XV361
1/200 ISO200 f4
9741552465_a87693ed42_b.jpg



4:Blackburn Buccaneer S2B XV361
1/60 ISO200 f4
9741552597_1c3f2f25c7_b.jpg



5:Hawker Sea Hawk FB.5 WN108
1/100 ISO800 f4
9741552601_ee396742fc_b.jpg
 
#1 and #2 are quite good I think.
The rest not so much.

I think the composition of number one misses by a bit.
I like almost everything about it, but it feels unbalanced to me.
I see why you framed it the way you did, but I don't think it works.
 
All near misses, I think. The basic problem I have with them is that they're not quite strong enough to stand on their own as abstracts, but there's not enough context for detail shots.

However, I must say that I make a lot of images like this, so I may just be reacting somewhat to the fact that your eye is different than mine.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom