Avoid the dirty look of the picture when uploaded on Facebook?

Gerardo_G

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took and edited a picture. It was for embbeding it in a forum like this one. For that I uploaded it on Facebook. Unfortunately it altered the image giving it a dirty appearance:
19029259_1760376287311675_2572585554666435131_n.jpg

I then uploaded it to Google Drive to see if it looked better. It did:
uc

Do you see the difference? So my question is, I edit pictures using PhotoShop CS6, is there something in the program that I can use so when I upload it to Facebook it doesn't give it that dirty appearance?

Thank you guys. Sorry it took me a while to answer. I'm gonna give your ideas a try.

I think facebook's image upload always mess with the images as they're never like what you post from your home screen, I quit using it for other reasons though haven't posted a pic there since 07 and removed any I had there around the same time apart from profile pics.

For that I uploaded it on Facebook. Unfortunately it altered the image giving it a dirty appearance

Images uploaded to FB's server "will be compressed" severely. I think I read they recommend that you upload photos at least 2048 wide for a high resolution image. The image will still be compressed but the compression will be less noticeable. The best way to prevent FB's banging away at your image is to upload to photo site like Flickr, or even your Google Drive, and then linking the image in FB.

Before I updated my Facebook app, when I uploaded a photo, it would apply the "Auto" filter they provide by default to the picture, meaning I had to click "Edit" and choose "Original" to get it back to the way I wanted. Auto always made it seem overly contrasty and made everyone's skin look dirty and harsh. It's since been fixed, and now the default is "Original".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back