B&H photo and Used purchases

D40

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking at the D80 as an upgrade from my D40 and noticed that B&H has a used D200 with a rating of 9 for $990. What do you think about this kind of purchase?

I don't know if it's worth getting a D200 over a D80, for the price. The image quality is pretty much the same, and with the money you save on a D80 you can get it new + the kit lens for about the same price as a D200 body only or you can skip the kit and get fancier lenses. That D200 price is pretty cheap though, but it is used.

EDIT: I dunno, actually now that I think about it you may want to get that D200. It's entirely up to you.

Here's a D200 vs D80 review I found:
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d80/vs-d200.htm

I will be getting a new mid zoom lens anyway so I would just get a body and use my 70-200 for the time. The bit thing I see are the controls are easier to get to + the better buid quallity.

Don't fear buying new or used from B&H. There great to deal with.

I've been dealing with them since well before the Internet existed and I've never been dissatisfied.

The thing with buying used I see is you don't know how many clicks it has and you don't want to have to replace the shutter anytime soon. Otherwise the D200 would be the way to go for the controls being so easy to get to.

I would highly reccommend the d200, ive used both, and the two things about the d200 that for me make it worth it, are 1, i can use old lenses and they still meter, and 2, i can change everything i need to, white balance, iso, image quality (jpeg to raw etc) without ever going into menus.

if you can i would just go for the d200. i recently upgraded to a d200 from a d80. I like the 5fps, controls and the weather resistant body. the custom menus are cool too. the d40 can do a lot of what the d80 can so if your going to upgrade why not go big and get the d200.

Most reactions

Back