B&W cabin C&C

flameshots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a shot of my family's historical cabin. The cellar door to the left of the porch is made of tin and washed out. Any tips on how to bring it back? I've tried to modify it in light room but can't bring it back without blacking out the porch. Obviously I have PPed it to antique B&W.

Thanks for the help. All C&C welcomed.

This is the best I could do...
Untitled-1-2.jpg

It was an auto mode in Light room. How did you get it to darken? That's what I really want to learn. Maybe I need to try to PP it in another program. Thanks for the help.

Hope you don't mind, but I threw down for an old school edit. I wonder how many people you could convince that this photo was taken in 1882...LOL... put them side by side, like a before and after, and see how many people you can get to fall for it ;)

old.jpg

Sirashley,

I played with some vignetting but shied away from it. It looks cool. I'm with you, you could probably sell people that its over 100 years old.

Just so everyone can see it really is still standing and the original shot was taken about a month ago. The original cabin part was built in 1825 by my fourth great grandfather. The main beams are hand cut poplar and the joints are a rabbited style joint that is obviously very strong. Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited:
The colour shot looks so much better than normal B&W. Sirashley's edit was nice work.

I like the color one too. I am a fan of black and white, but with a touch of color in it. Like making the bench green (before I saw the color photo I thought rustic red).

That's some huge chinking.
Yeah they have re done it several times. You have to remember those beams are over 185 years old. There's bound to be some "shrinkage" over the years LOL.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back