B+W F-Pro UV filter for film?

gryffinwings

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was wondering if I could use my B+W F-Pro 010 UV - Haze 1x MRC on my Nikon EM lens? I gather it's a good idea to have a UV filter on a film camera, but the box for this filter says digital.

you could, up to you. I am not a fan of using a filter on either unless it is for separating gray values for black and white work.

Only Filters I ever use is Skylight 1b and UV.

Most of the time I use None.

I like a UV filter in really bright sunlight where there is a lot of reflected light- the beach, snow, you know just what the box suggests. ;)

Really though, a circular polarizer, a neutral density and a graduated neutral density are all you really need to carry around.

The digital part is just marketing.

The digital part is just marketing.

Thanks for that info, that's what I thought it was, but I wasn't too sure about it.

Either way, I'll be keeping it really simple with my Nikon EM that I am using, just a UV and a Polarizer, nothing more than that.

UV filters are good because there is a little bit of UV contamination that will tint your film..especially at higher elevations.

Digital doesn't experience it at all, so the UV filters do little more than protect from dust and splashes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back