B&W Long Exposure Ocean Shot

Einstein

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is probly only the second shot i've taken that i felt would look good in B&W and the first one that i really like. First time converting B&W image in LR 3, I tried playing around with the settings a bit but dont know what im doing so C&C welcome.

5590359893_0f65c97f4e_b.jpg

Nice shot. I might be inclined to crop the top a little. I'd also be interested in seeing what it looks like with a little detail in the rocks - not at all convinced this would be better, just something to consider.

I think it is a wise decision, cause now it looks even better. Surreal indeed

BTW, theres dust on your sensor

Bottom left hand corner

This is such a surreal image, and I really like it because there's some sort of movement in this photo. Thanks for posting this.

thanks for all of the comments!

kenc i agree i'll try a tighter crop later. particularly i think i could cut a bit of the empty space in the sky out, i like the dark diagonal line of the beach so will leave that in.

Nayloc - good spot, I hope your right but i think its from the mold in my lens.... If it is im going to need a new 50mm soon. I'm going to clean the sensor and hope that fixes it, fingers crossed!

oh yah and for all you b&w lovers this shot was inspired by someone i flollow on flickr and i would definitely recommend checkin out his photo stream. pretty much all black and white and he explains how he takes them which is helpfull.
Flickr: Silver Doctor's Photostream

Most reactions

New Topics

Back