B&W shot for feedback please :D

photonewbie86

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all took this pic a few days ago let me know what you all think feedback is greatly appreciated

DSCF5174.jpg

I honestly hardly no squat about photography but I would enjoy this photo more if the shadow on the left corner was... not there. I do like it though.

i like the contrast and I think the concept you had in mind was good but this is not the best end result try it again try newer angles or just takes a step back to make a real impact and subject

just out of curiosity sunny if you dont know how to use a 7d as your profile says why didnt you start lower like a rebel xsi or xs?

lonewolf, that has nothing to do with this thread. If you have questions for Sunny, I'd suggest PMing her directly.

For the record though, I got an XSI when I started and regretted the purchase 6 months later. I should of picked up the 40D.

Compositionally, this seems to be about light, shadow, lines, and shapes. In that regard, I don't like the camera tilt (but that is a HUGE personal bias... I think that camera tilting is over-used, usually done in an attempt to be "artistic" but without really having a reason past that, and it RARELY adds to a composition). Also, more texture and detail in the table as well as coming in on the framing/cropping to shrink that deep shadow in the lower left would have helped as well.

lonewolf, that has nothing to do with this thread. If you have questions for Sunny, I'd suggest PMing her directly.

For the record though, I got an XSI when I started and regretted the purchase 6 months later. I should of picked up the 40D.
Sorry to continue the hijack...Same here, different upgrade.
But hey, at least I have a second body now LOL.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back