What's new

B&W shot for feedback please :D

photonewbie86

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
241
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all took this pic a few days ago let me know what you all think feedback is greatly appreciated

DSCF5174.jpg
 
It doesn't do much for me, sorry. Why did YOU take the photo?
 
I honestly hardly no squat about photography but I would enjoy this photo more if the shadow on the left corner was... not there. I do like it though.
 
i like the contrast and I think the concept you had in mind was good but this is not the best end result try it again try newer angles or just takes a step back to make a real impact and subject
 
just out of curiosity sunny if you dont know how to use a 7d as your profile says why didnt you start lower like a rebel xsi or xs?
 
lonewolf, that has nothing to do with this thread. If you have questions for Sunny, I'd suggest PMing her directly.

For the record though, I got an XSI when I started and regretted the purchase 6 months later. I should of picked up the 40D.
 
Compositionally, this seems to be about light, shadow, lines, and shapes. In that regard, I don't like the camera tilt (but that is a HUGE personal bias... I think that camera tilting is over-used, usually done in an attempt to be "artistic" but without really having a reason past that, and it RARELY adds to a composition). Also, more texture and detail in the table as well as coming in on the framing/cropping to shrink that deep shadow in the lower left would have helped as well.
 
Sit someone in that shaft of light side on and do a silhouette portrait side on sat in a chair
 
lonewolf, that has nothing to do with this thread. If you have questions for Sunny, I'd suggest PMing her directly.

For the record though, I got an XSI when I started and regretted the purchase 6 months later. I should of picked up the 40D.
Sorry to continue the hijack...Same here, different upgrade.
But hey, at least I have a second body now LOL.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom