B&W Shots for C&C

Sherman Banks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sorry I've been posting so much on here lately, but I've been trying to be as productive as possible with my camera. Here are two shots I took tonight, both pretty much the same but with some different elements. The concept for both was to make the repetition of shape and line form a nice visual rhythm. Let me know which you like better, and would I could do to improve on them.

Typewriter1.jpg

Typwriter2.jpg

Both shot on AP mode, ISO 400. PP done in Photoshop.

Last edited:
I like the ideas, but the focus seems off on both.

In the native resolution, these appear to be in focus but I see here that the reduced size does not look as sharp. The top has the focus point in around the L hammer, and the lower was focused around the U hammer. Both the DOF's are very shallow so I might try to increase the aperture to get more in focus. Thanks for the feedback though.

Here are two more from the same shoot. The lighting may be a bit better with these so the focus looks a bit stronger. Tell me what you think.
Typewriter4_1130.jpg

TypewriterCropped.jpg

Last edited:
looks good. the only thing i really see as a noob that distracts me is in the bottom left hand of the 2nd to last pic. just kind of distracting in a way, but not bad.

definately not your ordinary subject matter. cool pics though! that thing come with high speed internetz? lol

looks good. the only thing i really see as a noob that distracts me is in the bottom left hand of the 2nd to last pic. just kind of distracting in a way, but not bad.

definately not your ordinary subject matter. cool pics though! that thing come with high speed internetz? lol

Thanks for the feedback Matt! A newbs advice is as valuable as any. I would've done more cropping on the 3rd pic but I wasn't sure I liked it in the first place. I still might try it out though. I think the 4th is becoming my favorite though.

And yes it does have high speed hooked up. This is the original text messenger! No emoticons though.

Thanks for the feedback Matt! A newbs advice is as valuable as any. I would've done more cropping on the 3rd pic but I wasn't sure I liked it in the first place. I still might try it out though. I think the 4th is becoming my favorite though.

And yes it does have high speed hooked up. This is the original text messenger! No emoticons though.

no problem. i dont know enough about the technical behalfs to comment on them, but from what i do know all looks well.

the 4th is my favorite as well.

haha no emoticons!? :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back