Baby boy

dab_20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my little cousin, Hayden. I like these, but they turned out so dark. Your welcome to lighten them up a bit or whatever you think could improve the picture. (hehe he had some squash before I took the pictures and I didn't realize he had some on his nose!)
General critique please. :)

P3090668.jpg

P3090665.jpg

P3090661.jpg

Well, I'm new at this too so I don't really know too much. But I figured I'd mess with one of your pictures anyhow, It'll be good for me to learn too. I think that they're a little too close, like if they are supposed to be closeups they should be a little closer and if they aren't then maybe move back a little. Then you'll get his chin in there too. ;)
Since you didn't want this to necesarily be a 'messy baby' picture I took the squash off. And I blurred it a little, but I did it too much I think... See, I'm only just learning too - :er: . And I made it a little brighter cause it seemed dark but my monitor sucks so if it blinds you - sorry! :)
Also I was told a little tip here that pictures are more interesting if the subject is not in the center... unless you want a close up then it should be RIGHT in the center. So I took off the space on the right side.
photoforum.jpg

I think no one here likes selective coloring but I LOVE it! I'm a dork. And that baby has gorgeous eyes so I had to do it!
bwpic.jpg

You are right. I would have gone a bit closer but he kept on grabbing my lense. teehee

I love selective coloring when it's with the right picture, and I think it looks gorgous in that picture! Thanks!

I'm glad you liked it. :) I know all about the babies grabbing at the camera! Mine does it all the time! I think kids are so hard to work with sometimes!!!! Especially when you're just starting out. ;) I need some still things to take pictures of but I cant find anything interesting enough to bother with and all of the adults I know hate getting their picture taken!

The adults in my house don't take my wanting to learn photography seriously. I want to start out while I'm still young, I'm 14, and then I can be skilled at it by the time I'm older.

well you'll do great then! Especially starting out here! ;)

The background is dark only, that's not so big problem. Generallyl, you can ligthen it up, by choosing longer shutter speeds. That way, you will get more ambient ligth. Or bounce the flash on ceiling or wall - that's what I prefer.

I know how difficult is to take photos from kids. They are irritated by the cameras, they want to grab it at any cost.

The small guy is very cute.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back