Baby Drama- CC welcome

Joefbs

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I must say, I only get about 1 shot I like out of every 50 I take of this child. Flash is burning through batteries. Any CC would be much appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2876.jpg
    IMG_2876.jpg
    471.7 KB · Views: 133
Generally speaking portraits are lit from above to mimic the look and shadow style of sunlight and over-head room light. Lighting from below is often referred to as 'horror lighting' and while it produces contrasty and dramatic images, they're often not the most pleasing.

Flash is burning through batteries.

This strikes me as strange. Without knowing exactly how many flashes your batteries are yielding, I am just guessing that there may be something wrong somewhere.

My own experience is that I can't remember when I last installed fresh batteries. I don't make a ton of shots, but I've had the same set of batteries in the flash for several months.

If you use rechargeable batteries, you won't feel the pinch.

Generally speaking portraits are lit from above to mimic the look and shadow style of sunlight and over-head room light. Lighting from below is often referred to as 'horror lighting' and while it produces contrasty and dramatic images, they're often not the most pleasing.

Thanks for the info. I learn something new with every post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flash is burning through batteries.

This strikes me as strange. Without knowing exactly how many flashes your batteries are yielding, I am just guessing that there may be something wrong somewhere.

My own experience is that I can't remember when I last installed fresh batteries. I don't make a ton of shots, but I've had the same set of batteries in the flash for several months.

If you use rechargeable batteries, you won't feel the pinch.
I was really just kidding about the batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back