Baby on a bench

jleon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, i am a complete newbie and don't even have "official" photo editing software - only what came with my camera. Here is a picture i took today of my daughter. I changed it with just the simple software that came with my camera. I welcome corrective criticism as i want to learn.

Attachments

• $DSC00484.2.JPG
    $DSC00484.2.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 118
Basic problems with this shot are focus, exposure/contrast and perspective. I didn't look at efix info, so not sure what camera or editing software you have. But these can be fixed with most software since these are the basics.
I did a couple of quik fixes, just to give you an idea...

Your original
DSC0048412.jpg

1. First thing I did was turn the exposure and contrast down.
2. Next I did an unsharp mask, to get the sharpness I wanted I had to blow out some spots then go back and spot heal, clone, and paint them out. I didn't get them all perfect because of time reasons, just enough to give an example.
3. Perspective: I tilted the photo counterclock wise so your kid wouldn't slide down the bench...lol j/k. Unless it's for an abstract touch to a photo which generally means an extreme tilt, photos need to be straight.
DSC004841edit1.jpg

This is all the same as above, just with a B/W conversion
DSC004841edit2.jpg

Thank you for the input! I wondered if the contrast was too much. I am so new at editing photos i normally don't even edit them at all. I was pretty happy with the shot overall, happy that she actually stayed there for me!

I don't edit well too but I love the picture of your daughter.

DRoberts - I love the B and W version.

Most reactions

Back