Baby pics

Scarecrow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
zacks.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Whats going on all My wife just delivered our first baby this past week and Im looking at trying to snap some pics of her. Does anyone here have some tips on taking pics of babies. keeping their attention and so forth. is a flash ok and so on?

Whats going on all My wife just delivered our first baby this past week and Im looking at trying to snap some pics of her. Does anyone here have some tips on taking pics of babies. keeping their attention and so forth. is a flash ok and so on?

No tips, but congrats on the new baby.

Congrats. Flash will probably be OK. When they're newborn, they sleep a lot - so it isn't really all that hard to get them to sit still. :lol:

Just wait a couple years - they run around so fast you barely have time to focus... :lmao:

I do alot of newborn sessions in my studio under strobes so flash is ok :) Use a heating pad and keep the room warn, heat plus baby makes for good deep sleep which makes for great pics. Try to avoid up the nose shots and take the photo's as soon as possible to avoid the baby acne and dry skin that may come up around 14 days...Happy Shooting!

A pet peeve of mine with newborn shots is the nasty it of the umbilical cord thats left. Most photographers that I've seen either pose the baby on their stomach, zoom in so its out of the frame, or cover it with something like a blanket, a cute frilly skirt, or stuffed animal. This woman is a local newborn/family photog. Angela Breckenridge Photography | Killeen's Premier Newborn and Baby Photographer to give you some ideas. She also has a FB that she updates regularly.

Most reactions

Back