I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my nephew, Blake. These are some of the shots I took last weekend. I didn't get as much time as we would have liked...it was a busy weekend and he was crabby a lot of the time.

BD-01-Web.jpg

BD-04-Web.jpg

BD-06-Web.jpg

BD-07-Web.jpg

BD-09-Web.jpg

#2 and #4 definitely ... he appears to be quite the character. nice work.

How did you get him to laugh like that.

rp1600 said:
How did you get him to laugh like that.

Well...I'm a funny looking guy :p :lmao:

Actually, he really seemed to like being on the baby posing stand that I made...his mother was off to camera right, trying to get his attention. I wanted to get more of him looking my way...but it wasn't long before he spit up all over the place and then he was in no mood to continue.

#3 is my favorite. Was that a homemade set-up or in a studio? Well, either way they came out great!

nice shots. i hate shooting kids personally. i think its harder then weddings. you did a great job. almost makes me want to try it again

Thanks for the comments.

These were taken, in our hotel/chalet room, while on a family vacation. I did have my portable 'studio' set up specifically for shooting this little guy.

I've been meaning to take photos of my 'studio' and post it here...but I haven't found the time yet.

I have one AB800 light with umbrella. I use an on-camera hot-shoe flash for fill and I have a home made (& cheap) diffuser for it. I have another small flash unit with optical trigger for hair/accent/background light. I have a home made baby posing stand. I have one tripod for the camera and another for the accent light.

I think that's all that I brought with me. I have a piece of foam core board for a reflector but I haven't rigged up a good way to hold it yet. The baby stand is easy to cover with a blanket or a jacket...but I don't have a background stand or any background material yet.

Ha-haaaaa! I love 3, what a great expression that is... heehee! For some reason it reminds me of that dancing old man's face off the 6 flags commercial.

Most reactions

Back