Baby practice

Haya.H

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did some practice, and wow babies are hard to shoot. Need to work on baby poses. So along with C&C it would be appreciated if you leave advice for posing babies. Excuse my extremely ghetto "backdrop" lol.

1.)
$1222.jpg

2.)
$IMG_8696.jpg

3.)
$IMG_8666.jpg

4.)
$hala1.jpg

5.)
View attachment 13316

Im anxious to see what others say b/c I'm doing my 1st newborn shoot tommorow(for free), and I'm super nervous.
I'm no proffessional, but IMO theres way to much going on. All the different patters seem to take away from the baby. Beautiful baby though. Love his/her hair.:)

Angles are a bit strange, also a tight crop. Get one plain backdrop and shoot in a low apature to blur it out. I shoot babies either nacked or wrapped or just with a nappy cover...

I think they are fairly decent shots. except for photo 1 & 2, little baby is not looking at you! I will pick no 2 as the best. Keep it up.

I've found babies to be super hard to photograph! Especially when they are squirmy. I agree with simple outfits or none at all. Patterns distract from the baby. Search pinterest for posing ideas, there are a ton. Some of the more complicated ones are harder to pull off if you aren't comfortable in photoshop.

Sleepy babies are easier to work with! As long as they are not cranky sleepy haha.

Most reactions

Back