(baby?) Spider

reznap

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Macro work is a challenge for me and I think that's the only reason I bother. I 'dislike' spiders (ok, they scare me to death) so getting this shot - and it took a while - was super nerve wracking.

Thought I'd share and I'd like some critique cause I was happy with it and maybe I need a reality check. Thanks

5227876324_7809cab8aa_b.jpg

Its an odd pose for a spider, but that shadow shows potential and the spider itself is nice and sharp.

I did the same thing yesterday with an orb spider (at least thats what I think its called), heavy little thing and way too active for my liking, gave me goosebumps trying to work with it, so close it kept grabbing the lens.........

It's standing funny. :) I do like it, though.

It's standing funny. :)

That's funny you both noticed that first.. I was afraid of that.

I knocked him/her over while trying to move the paper he/she was on (was using 2 sheets of paper, trying to keep it in one area so I could get the picture).

I have others that are reasonably sharp and maybe better poses but I liked the exposure and the shadow/light on this one..

Spider [get ready cause I'm coming for ya]hahaha. I love the shadow. I feel it makes the spider seem larger then it is. Great job trying to work with something u fear.

What kind of lens where u using?

thats what i call bravery lol ;)
i My self cant imagine doing it, but maybe i will SOME day, am not sure when though.

like the lighting on your subjects and the extended shadow, the details on the subject, such as the hair and creepy legs, and focusing on the face... were also nice..

who knows you might fall in love with spiders ;D

Cool pic Rez..I hate spiders too, but not as much as my husband, so your not alone...lol...men huh..ur a bunch of sissy's :p

I like how it's standing. I think it looks like it's almost backing away in fear...

which is good in my book b/c a spider backing away in fear means it's getting the hell away from me!

Love the pic. The shadow is cool. Looks like it's about to spring onto some prey...maybe you...;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back