Back On the Road Again.... :~)

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The last image of my car was this...................

964578496_7pKMo-X3.jpg

After 6 weeks and several thousands of dollars, I back on the road again.​

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP5g9VZjxrI[/ame]​

956514863_TAxtg-X3.jpg

956514721_sRxgE-X3.jpg

It started with a blown head gasket and quickly escalated. After running diagnostics and removing the head, it was a definite that cylinder #3 had issues.​

957809979_q2f4q-X3.jpg

957810072_aCobo-X3.jpg

I made the decision to get a new factory spec'd (+) head from a shop in Florida without taking the existing head to be checked out. Just as well, Hollywood (my mechanic) did this on his own and the machine shop found the existing head was fractured.​

957810920_Me5HG-X3.jpg

My fears and concerns were confirmed by Hollywood. The previous owner had been in the engine...... and did a piss poor job of it. Apparently the car had been having overheating problems previously. This also turned into discovering more problems due to the cowboy antics of the previous owners choice of mechanic. I had the timing chain and oil pump chain replaced.​

Hollywood also took care of my cylinders and pistons.​

Before
957810548_dkEjT-X3.jpg

After​

957811719_zD4Yd-X3.jpg

Skipping several boring (but costly) issues...... like the $500 exhaust cam that needed to be replaced and the $130 thermostat housing that showed signs of heat stress.​

So we get to a point and Hollywood asks if I want him to check and clean the bottom end of the engine. I was hoping for a $300 estimate......... oh no. Still a good decision. In for a penny, in for a pound as they say. The bottom was horrid. It had all kinds of crap in the pan.​

959314233_oVjYA-X3.jpg

959314247_L7iLf-X3.jpg

That debris also went up into the oil pump.​

Hollywood did a few extras like paint the sub-frame and pan. The pan was painted a lighter color to help disapate heat.​

959314337_feCpS-X3.jpg

Anyway, it's all back together now and running like a champ. FFS it ought to with the $$$ spent.​

976763805_Li7xW-X3.jpg

Hopefully I'll get some more pictures soon being back on the road again.​

Dam, that must have been a <female dog> to do a head-job on that! Finished doing CPR on your wallet yet?

Dam, that must have been a <female dog> to do a head-job on that! Finished doing CPR on your wallet yet?
I've prided myself to pay in full my credit card statement each month. This one may take a couple of billing cycles. :er: I actually have more money spent on the engine now than I paid for the car. I paid cash for the car and even this assault is better than a monthly payment. Oh but goddamn she screams now............. :D

I was going to do some body mods and a paint job this year, but it looks like 2011 will be a better choice.

Most reactions

Back