Back to the wide angle landscape

stapo49

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
wide.JPG

Sorry I took so long, been busy. That's a pretty nice pic, I like how the green pops.

Very nice. 2 little picks if you don't mind

Looks just a tad incomplete with the foreground rock getting cut off. Try to completely include or complete by pass foreground elements. Again, just looks like the image is 'missing' something.

Foreground could use a couple of steps in exposure.

Other than that, this is a really nice image. I like it a lot. Good work

Looks just a tad incomplete with the foreground rock getting cut off. Try to completely include or complete by pass foreground elements. Again, just looks like the image is 'missing' something.

But won't 1 or 2 steps over expose the rest of the pic? I think it would be too bright and washed.

But won't 1 or 2 steps over expose the rest of the pic? I think it would be too bright and washed.
One simple way to do it is use a brush in Lightroom and dodge the foreground as I have done here. I am sure there are more sophisticated ways to do this in Photoshop etc.

Attachments

• dodge.JPG
    dodge.JPG
    645 KB · Views: 86

I don't know if Stapo used an ND grad filters to capture this image. One like this, I would double stack the ND grads and leave the bottom unfiltered. This allows you trick the camera into thinking the sky is darker than it is. Metering for the foreground exposes as desired without blowing out the sky.

Most reactions

Back