julie32

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.juliestarkphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Happy Wednesday--

I have to photograph some industrial equipment for a friend. The unit is 6ft high and 4ft wide. I can't exactly afford the $11,000 pro-cyc that was recommended to me.
Any ideas of what I can purchase and what the best way to use it would be?

Thanks so much,

julie

There are places in the city where you can purchase rolls of paper 4-5 feet wide and as long as you need). For a photo shoot that may be enough for the 1 time usage that this normally entails. Price would not be anywhere near 11,000 (I wonder who told you that... lol).

You may be looking at a hundred bucks or so, and you may have to make your own backdrop supports from simple 2 X 4 pieces of wood

Could you just shoot it where it is and extract it in photoshop? This would allow you to put the image onto any background.

Jerry, Mike--
Both great ideas. I would love to use photoshop for it, but that is a little over my head with the background. I can do a basic edit and add some flare to my shots but I'm not sure I could get rid of the background.... Is there a website that might teach me how to do it, so I can learn?
Thanks again guys. I really appreciate your taking the time to respond.

julie

Depending how much time you have you might want to just take the shot and upload it to the forums here under Photoshop Challenges. Ask people to take a crack at replacing the background and see what they come back with (I might even take a crack at it).

If the results suck you can re-shoot with the background.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back