jwbryson1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like it but what do others think?

9441875202_9cd6c45d82_z.jpg
[/URL] DSC_2765-36 by jwbryson1, on Flickr[/IMG]

Hmmmm... I would like it a lot better if the light had been pulled farther left and eliminated the shadow on the right side of his face. That would have given you a high key look.

If your background is going to be that bright, your subject needs to be brighter too. IMHO

Here is a quick edit/side by side to show you what I mean. I know the coloring is off, but the brightness is better I think.
$9441875202_9cd6c45d82_z.jpg

If your background is going to be that bright, your subject needs to be brighter too. IMHO

Here is a quick edit/side by side to show you what I mean. I know the coloring is off, but the brightness is better I think.
View attachment 51785

I'm a pearly white background fan, too and I like the edit. :D
I'd add a gaussian blur to the creases behind him but leave the dimples(?) in the sheet around him. I like the shot and the use of the clamp instead of a fluffy toy. :thumbup:

View attachment 51785

I like this edit too. Thanks. It looks like you pushed up the shadows slider a bit to bring out the right side of his face and his legs are clearly brighter too. But, what did you do to the background to reduce the white? Just bring down the white slider?

The problem I had with this shoot was non-ideal lighting conditions and a white muslin backdrop that I had to blow out. I used 3 speedlights to blow it out but even so there was some visible texture or wrinkles, so I really pushed up the whites in LR. Maybe too far?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back