What's new

Backlit display

Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
41,401
Reaction score
5,706
Location
Iowa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A backlit display print is also known as a duratrans. I've been experimenting on ways to do it in Photoshop without using a glow. Here I used a drop shadow layer style.

DuratransD300b12-7-10Smoke3_0042copy2.jpg
 
I think the wide framing took the beauty away from an otherwise beautiful work :grumpy:

Regards :D
 
i agree. it would be better without the frame
 
I think the wide framing took the beauty away from an otherwise beautiful work :grumpy:

Regards :D

i agree. it would be better without the frame
The backlight can't be illustrated on a white background.

The wider framing depicts part of a wall.

It's my fault for not being clear. :blushing:
 
In light of your explanation, perhaps the image may be shown cropped w/o wider framing?
 
Oh ok, I get it. Like if it was printed on an acrylic and mounted off the wall and then backlit. That would look really cool!
 
Can't view it right now, but saw last night. If I remember correctly, the rounded corners of the back light seemed odd. I would think a bit more defined corner, not sharp, just less rounding off.

My 2¢.
 
Can't view it right now, but saw last night. If I remember correctly, the rounded corners of the back light seemed odd. I would think a bit more defined corner, not sharp, just less rounding off.

My 2¢.

Considering this image is supposed to be backlit, the lighting would naturally be rounded - not sharp and defined. I thought the same thing too until I understood what he was going for here. I like it a lot!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom