backpack for my gear?

azad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Can anyone recommend a good backpack; that can hold my 5d with 24-105 lens attatched, 70-200L4, 17-40L4 ,and some filters.

I have a lowepro CompuRover AW but that's not convenient for street shots..i do a lot of street photography..thats why I need one which is not too big and also has a easy access to the gear.

Is there any alternatives?

Thanks

As a group, photo backpacks don't have easy access to the gear. They are good for hiking and carrying the gear in comfort.

You might want to consider something like the Lowepro Slingshot 300 AW. (There might still be one for sale in the marketplace section here). It can be carried on the back like a backpack, but you can sling it around to your side for easy access. It might be a tight fit for the 70-200...but I think it would all fit.

Thanks, mike for your quick response.Sorry I have posted it in a wrong section.

Slingshot 300 AW seems ok for me, but today I am flying to my country Bangladesh and won't get time to purchase it from bangkok.And in Bangladesh there is not any single outlet of lowepro.

so I guess ,I have to wait till I come back here again some sometime around May/June.Anyway I forgot to mention I carry a 14'' laptop also. Can I store it there?

No, the slingshot bags aren't designed to hold a laptop.

Are there anything that just hold my 24-105L , 50 mm 1.4 and the laptop?

Check out the 'reporter' style bags from Lowepro. They are a shoulder bag, not a backpack or sling...but they should hold a laptop and a small amount of camera gear. The one I'm thinking of, has a quick access flap at the top, so you can quickly grab your camera when needed.

I already have one shoulder bag Mike. And I don't wanna let people notice my camera while walkin on the streets.so I think I should go for slingshot 300

What about the Tamrac Adventure 9?

I have the adventure 6 and it is pretty decent right now for what i have but when i get the rest of my gear i am getting an adventure 9.

The adventure 6 and 7 arent as easily accessable as the 9.

Also the tamrac has been a really good bag durability wise.

www.tamrac.com

Thanks JRob.yea Tamraq Adventure 9 is a decent one to have.I just checked their site and found Adventure 10 also, it's a great if u carry a laptop.Only thing i did not like about these Adventure series is they are too big compared to slingshot.

Therefore, I will go for Slingshot 300, as I got Lowepro CompuRover which can hold all my stuffs including my 14'' laptop.So for the street shooting I guess Slingshot is a cool one.

Anyway can You send me some pictures of your Adventure 6?Because I want check all the available option before I purchase one.

if you do lots of street shooting, i'd honestly say crumpler. cause they don't look like camera bags. you're able to fit a hell of a lot in there, including a laptop in most models.. the down side is having to stack your lenses like cans of soup in the bag.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back