Backup to Lightroom CC from IPad in the field

Mscdex001

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Good morning

First time posting here. I have a travel workflow in mind and wondering if anyone else has done something like this.

I will be traveling to Europe in a few months and would like to travel light. On my previous visits I didn’t have a computer so I would basically have an SD card for each day and throw it in my camera bag every night. I had no idea what my daily pictures looked like and on one trip, I almost lost 1 card due to corruption but I was able to do a data recovery on there.

This year, I have a 256GB iPad Pro with an SD adapter and my Lightroom CC subscription. My question is if anyone has used the Lightroom cloud sync in the field to backup their SD cards. Any issues with hotel WiFi speed or caps?

Thanks.

Does the cool-aid even work at home? I'm sorry but not a fan of Apple and Adobe pushing everything to this mystical cloud realm, just so someday in the future they can have access to all content.

Seriously can you upload 64GB of Raw images on your home wifi? (within a reasonable time-line) with never having a glitch? I've never found this to be viable, whats more is that your iPad will be on a public wifi for extended periods of time. Can you attach a hard drive to the ipadPro to save the files there?

Does the cool-aid even work at home? I'm sorry but not a fan of Apple and Adobe pushing everything to this mystical cloud realm, just so someday in the future they can have access to all content.

Seriously can you upload 64GB of Raw images on your home wifi? (within a reasonable time-line) with never having a glitch? I've never found this to be viable, whats more is that your iPad will be on a public wifi for extended periods of time. Can you attach a hard drive to the ipadPro to save the files there?

300gb took about 8 hours on WiFi. Not sure how good it will be in other countries. Hopefully I can do a handful each day. The hard drive idea might work. I have seen a few that create their own WiFi for syncing.

I always carry plenty of memory, The camera and Photoshop sort the dates out.....:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back