Bad Christmas

Tiller

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We got the call at 3 a.m. Granddaddy Mac is in the emergency room. Get there as soon as possible.

He had been fighting lung and throat cancer, along with COPD. He started throwing up blood around 2 a.m. and went into cardiac arrest soon after. His brain was without oxygen for 40 minutes.

At 6 they told us he was basically gone. They will keep him on a respirator for 24 hours, but there was no brain activity and he was not breathing on his own. As soon as they take him off the respirator, he will pass away immediately.

So make sure you cherish your loved ones today. We celebrated Christmas with him yesterday and I am thankful we got to see him right before. You never really know...

:cry:

Incredibly sorry to hear about your loss. Its great that you got to celebrate Christmas with him before he passed on though.

My thoughts are with you...

Sorry for your loss Tyler!

After the grief period you would probably start to remember all the right and happy moments he has given you all.

I recently lost my grandmother. She was one of the most important people in my life, so I understand how you feel.

My condolences. Yes, words of wisdom - being with the ones we love is the most precious gift of all. May you and your family find peace in the celebration of his life.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

So sorry for you loss

Sorry for your loss, my condolences.

And I'm sure he was thankful to spend his last day surrounded by family and love. That's no small gift. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Take comfort in the fact that he will not suffer any longer. My condolences to you and your family.

OMG..Sorry to hear that..He is in a better place now...

Really sorry for your loss! I hope he had a grand life!!!!!

Respectfully,

Rich

We got the call at 3 a.m. Granddaddy Mac is in the emergency room. Get there as soon as possible.

He had been fighting lung and throat cancer, along with COPD. He started throwing up blood around 2 a.m. and went into cardiac arrest soon after. His brain was without oxygen for 40 minutes.

At 6 they told us he was basically gone. They will keep him on a respirator for 24 hours, but there was no brain activity and he was not breathing on his own. As soon as they take him off the respirator, he will pass away immediately.

So make sure you cherish your loved ones today. We celebrated Christmas with him yesterday and I am thankful we got to see him right before. You never really know...

:cry:

Tiller,

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences to you and your family. My own father passed away recently after a long battle with cancer, and the thing that gave me comfort was when I realized that he was no longer suffering. It's difficult because you know you will miss them terribly, but it helps when you realize that they've gone on to a much better place.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

Most reactions

Back