Bad Eye

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I spotted this anhinga (immature I think) sitting inside the branches of a large bush and when I got a closer look I was a little shocked. Any ideas what may've caused this? Poor thing.
718-anhinga-w_bad-eye-(2)-f.jpg

712-anhinga-w_bad-eye_1-(2)-f.jpg

Wow, I've never seen anything like that before.

Wow that is sad poor bird. My guess is infection of some kind possibly from the result of an injury maybe even another bird.I have seen birds with Conjunctivitis of the eye but it looked nothing like this.

TB would make growths like that, or cancer. Looks too dry to be an infection swelled up. Maybe a vet is on the forum and will chime in.

Wow, I've never seen anything like that before.

Same here, not even in a horror movie.

Wow that is sad poor bird. My guess is infection of some kind possibly from the result of an injury maybe even another bird.I have seen birds with Conjunctivitis of the eye but it looked nothing like this.

Agreed.

TB would make growths like that, or cancer. Looks too dry to be an infection swelled up. Maybe a vet is on the forum and will chime in.

Yes, a vet might have the answer.

Did you find out what it might be?

No but research shows it could be one form of Avian Pox, a disease that commonly starts around the eye and other uncovered areas but if it's that it's a very severe case.

No but research shows it could be one form of Avian Pox, a disease that commonly starts around the eye and other uncovered areas but if it's that it's a very severe case.

Yeah, I've seen avian pox before and it's usually a series of warty growths but as you say if that is what it is it really is extreme.

Most reactions

Back