Bad time to buy a 5d?

Phtoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Is it a bad time to buy a 5d mk ii? . i know there is talk of a new one coming out, but chances are i wont be able to afford the initial release price. but i assume the 5d price will drop again then. any ideas?

Is it a bad time to buy a 5d mk ii? . i know there is talk of a new one coming out, but chances are i wont be able to afford the initial release price. but i assume the 5d price will drop again then. any ideas?

I would wait. Especially since it just saw a price drop to $1999

I'd guess that the 5D2 is going to drop and hold around the $2K mark with the new one releasing. I'd say it's not ideal right this moment unless you can find a sale again on the price around that mark. BUT that's just a best guess.

Everyone thinks that as soon as a new Model is released the old one drops really low, Has never happened, didn't happen when the MK II came out. In fact prices on the original went up because it was so hard to get a new one people just said the heck with it and bought the old one.

Reatailers have gotten very smart about not having excess inventory of the old model, That's why you see the $1999 price on the MKII

I agree, the 5DmkII isn't likely to get any lower than $1999, which seems to be the current price (on sale).

You could look for a used one, but even now, most people who are selling them, bought them for $2500-$2700 and are looking to get $1900-$2000, so not much a deal there.

Everyone thinks that as soon as a new Model is released the old one drops really low, Has never happened, didn't happen when the MK II came out. In fact prices on the original went up because it was so hard to get a new one people just said the heck with it and bought the old one.

Reatailers have gotten very smart about not having excess inventory of the old model, That's why you see the $1999 price on the MKII

I never said that it would drop really low. I said to wait and see what happens instead of assuming you can predict the market.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back