Badlands National Park...sunrise/sunset

What a great set, Glenn!

It was difficult to pick a favorite but I did - the first one is nominated for Photo of the Month.

Great job capturing all those amazing colors and textures. I love it out there. :heartpump:

There's a Badlands in Canada too. From Calgary, we headed East across the plains until we reached the Royal Tyrel Dinosaur Museum. That place is the heart of the Badlands: same scenery as your great shots. We only lived in Canada for half a year and I never got back. That place deserved multiple visits at different times of the year.
Thanks…I will add this location to my list or future locations to visit.
What a great set, Glenn!

It was difficult to pick a favorite but I did - the first one is nominated for Photo of the Month.

Great job capturing all those amazing colors and textures. I love it out there. :heartpump:
Thanks Terri…I am honored and appreciate the nomination.

Glenn

I spent two nights in Wall, South Dakota to visit Badlands National Park. Fortunately, it stopped raining late in the afternoon of my arrival so that I could photograph the sunset that night. I returned the following night for another sunset and then went to the park for sunrise the following morning. The colors vary dramatically as the light changes. There are a couple of repeaters in this collection--but I wanted to place all the images in one thread.

1- It became clear with they call this landscape the "badlands"...very difficult terrain to cross.
p3551054670-5.jpg

2- These are referred to as the "Yellow Mounds" for good reason.
p3551054736-5.jpg

3- Sunrise brought very different colors
p3551055052-5.jpg

4- I had fun with my 300 2.8 for a change (it has received very little use). These colors were NOT altered in Photoshop.
p3551055062-5.jpg

5- Up close and personal...I captured photo handheld through the car window.
p3551054659-5.jpg

6- This image was taken during my first hour or two inside the park.
p3537165004-5.jpg

7- The Badlands meet the South Dakota prairie
p3551054887-5.jpg

8- Can you spot the bison?
p3551054863-5.jpg

9- Rattlesnakes must be very common here as well as these signs are posted everywhere.
p3551054637-5.jpg

10- One last sunset
p3551054744-5.jpg

Thanks again for looking...now onto Pierre to visit the State Capitol!

Glenn
Fantastic set. I could not choose a favorite one. They are all very good.

Most reactions

Back