Not open for further replies.

Tyjax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jwtyler.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Bah, its not like I am the first person to post multiple snaps from the same roll. Geez. I can six users off hand that do it far more and more often. All pets well loved. :pissed:
If you'll notice I dont post that many and comment much. Thought I had a few coming.

'S enough to keep me from postin for a while.

Bah. Phooey. :irked:

Was a lot of fun. :irked:

Over and out.

I don't think the moderators intended to make a very big deal about it. It was just a situation where it was being noticed more and more and it was decided that we would bring it up.

Nothing against you or msraber (who also had quite a few multiple posts today).

It was just something that we had never really suggested before and we thought it was time to do so. :D

ty,

if your reading this, im sincerely sorry for offending you, but you have to understand that your posts are pushing others down plain and simple.

but if you want to argue, this forum is not the place to do it, buddy. we appreciate your posts, your work, and your friendship...but make no mistake...Rules are rules.

md

Ok i feel like saying something about the way people are treated here by the head moderator.
It's not the first time i feel there is like a policeman controlling here everything, THIS IS A FORUM and a forum is made to change ideas, there has to be moderators that' has no doubt, but they have to be there when things run out of hand but not just control the visitors habits. If you agree with something a person says or not, this is a place to change ideas and also to argue if needed and i think it is very positive that people make posts even one after the other, it's just a click back to see the second page, what makes the difference? I think we all can be glad this forum is used and isn't dying like a lot of forums do.
I am not long time here on the forum so my opinion doesn't matter too much but i already have this feeling i have to be carefull when i post something and that is not how i used to feel when i discuss ideas with other persons... I still want to have the freedom to speak and to post whenever i want and if this is not possible i'll go find another forum where the head moderator is more open minded about this topic.
I'm sorry MDowey but your conservative way of thinking is no use on a forum where all kinds of people join in, being open minded is needed.
So with this post I won't become more then a ' not newbie anymore ' because it is also my last like some others did before me.
Too bad i saw some nice people around but i don't want to be controlled and followed and surely censored about my freedom to "reply".
Anyway Tyjax you're a fine guy and don't bother too much, i just clicked the page before to see the other posts for myself, you can post two pages full of pics if you feel the need but of course this is not my forum, i have a chess forum made if you like chess ... :D
My post isn't made to attack people but only positive build-up-comment.

Hang loose

I'm thinking the message that I believe MDowdey was trying to get out (and I know it is the message I am hoping to convey) is that it is just easier to navigate the forum when people group new submissions together, unless they are divided by themes and so forth.

When someone enters the photo post area, it is more convenient to have topics from many different photographers displayed right from the start. It makes things a little less so when there are 5-10 posts from a single person that were all created over a period of a couple of minutes, or perhaps 2 or 3 people with 5-10 posts each that fill the entire first page. As a viewer, I also prefer to see multiple images from the same person in a single post. Is this a big issue? Absolutely not. Have I said that is against the rules, etc? Again, absolutely not. If I was that concerned about it, I would be deleting posts and making changes to what was posted, but I have no intention of running the forum that way.

I fully believe that MDowdey, myself and the other moderators are only suggesting and doing things that they believe make the forum a better place. It is not my intention, or that of my moderators, to play policeman and/or abuse the rights that have been granted. That being said, if you feel one of the moderators is abusing his or her status, let me know.

All of the moderators and I agreed that we would prefer to have people group photos together (if they are submitting a few all at once), rather than creating a different topic for each one. I don't feel that is playing policeman or trying to impose needless rules, in fact, if you don't go along with the request, I'm not even going to worry about it. There are many forums that are run as an extremely tight ship, with tons of rules and moderators that are constantly deleting posts for numerous reasons. VERY rarely have we modified or deleted posts on this forum...in the cases that we do, it is due to the posting of material that is simply too graphic in nature. If we were playing policeman, those posts would have been deleted...instead, we created an announcement requesting that future posts be grouped together.

This post has become much longer than I had intended, but it bothers me to hear people talk about this forum as though we are in tight control of everything that is posted here. I absolutely do not agree with that. If you believe I am wrong, please let me know. This is definitely a topic I would like to hear MUCH more commenting on.

Thanks,
Chase

Sorry, but I have to comment (stir the pot?):
1) Can't blame Tyjax for being P/O'd, the "restriction" was sort of dumped on him or at the very least badly presented.
2) It makes sense in a lot of cases to have separate posts for different pics, if several pics were under a single header and what with the comments etc. any one post stands the chance of ending up being completely confused.
3) Having said that, if it makes sense to group pics together then obviously they should be.
4) At the rate this forum is growing the effect of posts being pushed down by newer posts before they can be commented on will be a reality soon anyway. Maybe posts could be grouped on a daily basis? Just a thought.
5) Please don't think badly of anyone in this forum (even the Moderators and Aussies), they're the greatest bunch you could wish to meet and this whole thread has got to be the biggest storm in a teacup.

Peace Brethren.

QP,

do you want my job? If so, you can have it. You dont know me, you shouldnt judge people based on who YOU think they are. It is childish and down right sad to think that you cant stop for a second and just think about things before you write. I sincerely hope you will stay on as an avid subscriber to YOUR forums. My apologies if I offended you or anyone else, I was simply stating that we should group pics together. thats all.

Chase, thanks for giving me the chance to POLICE. I quit.

Voodoo and twist, You guys are extremely smart and dont ever let anybody ever tell you otherwise.

Manda, You are a beautiful and unique woman, Im constantly amazed by your work and your desire.

everyone else, much love...especially dew, carlita, terri, orie, raber, sid, tyjax, chase, geronimo, bug, and everyone else...

If you want to talk, PM me ...I will check it for awhile.

md

dont go :(

lets have a group hug :hug:

in a "family" .... there will always be spats and disagrements ... that doesnt mean give up .... what do ya say? ... forgive and forget? :)

MDowdey said:
It has come to our attention recently that a good number of threads are getting bumped down the list very quickly due to repeated posting by the same users. While we absolutly cherish every post we get(except chases:p), we would rather like to see any important threads kept current and, if at all possible, reply to your own posts instead of creating new ones.

I dont mean to be a hardass, i love you all, but we gots to do what we gots to do.

md

Can someone please point out to me where Matt is unreasonable in this request? It's a fairly simple request. I don't know why people are making such a big deal out of this. Why all the drama?

The point is, it is not fair to other members that are posting to the gallery to have their threads pushed to the 2nd page so quickly.

vooodoocat: i'll merely point out things objectively here.

i haven't checked to see if the post still exists, but there was a direct comment to tyjax to not post in the manner in which he did. there were NOT any comments made directly to other posters who did the same exact thing; most of whom posted at the same time that tyjax did.

then a blanket statement was posted about what not to do.

i think the issue here isn't the blanket statement, but the fact that a direct comment was made to tyjax and not to other offenders. either every offender gets a direct, in forum, comment or none do, but the blanket statement stands here as a non issue, i think.

motcon said:
vooodoocat: i'll merely point out things objectively here.

i haven't checked to see if the post still exists, but there was a direct comment to tyjax to not post in the manner in which he did. there were NOT any comments made directly to other posters who did the same exact thing; most of whom posted at the same time that tyjax did.

then a blanket statement was posted about what not to do.

i think the issue here isn't the blanket statement, but the fact that a direct comment was made to tyjax and not to other offenders. either every offender gets a direct, in forum, comment or none do, but the blanket statement stands here as a non issue, i think.

Well I missed this post. I was actually the first one to bring up this topic to the other moderators. We decided to keep things fair to make the announcement. I was not aware of any direct statements to tyjax.

Ok, I dug it up from the grave

MDowdey said:
p.s. tyjax, why dont you reply to your own messages instead of creating new threads? just a thought, good work!!!
Perhaps Matt should have waited until the announcement but this doesn't seem unreasonable to me. At the time it was a suggestion which was later made into an announcement.

unreasonable or not, i'm merely pointing out that he was singled out by a comment and others were not. whether it was a flagrant, ranting of a message or a mere mention isn't the issue here; the intent of the message is.

i'm just being objective, voodoo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back