What's new

Bahrain Financial Harbour

Al-Wazeer

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 25, 2008
Messages
1,174
Reaction score
0
Location
Bahrain (somewhere in mid east)
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, these shots in a Bahraini forum would be really cliché, but I think most of you haven't seen our B.F.H. C&C are appreciated.

4197118326_05490b830d_b.jpg


4197118688_e100025f1e_b.jpg


Different point of view

4196363955_f7f566bc12_b.jpg

 
I must admit, I've not seen them from quite that angle before - I'm usually driving past on the Corniche, or seeing them from some distance away. I'm looking forward to seeing how the apartments on the other side of the harbour turn out. There should be some good photo opportunities round there. It's just a shame that all the development seems to be pushing the dhows out from round there though.
 
I must admit, I've not seen them from quite that angle before - I'm usually driving past on the Corniche, or seeing them from some distance away. I'm looking forward to seeing how the apartments on the other side of the harbour turn out. There should be some good photo opportunities round there. It's just a shame that all the development seems to be pushing the dhows out from round there though.
They're still working on the apartments, but they could make great shots even now!, Actually they're keeping the dhows' harbour as a part of the district. Thanks for passing by Chris!
 
They're still working on the apartments, but they could make great shots even now!

I could quite happily live in Bahrain you know. It's my #2 pick after Italy

Actually they're keeping the dhows' harbour as a part of the district.

That's good to hear. When I was over there about 3 or 4 weeks back, they looked rather sorry for themselves. Things didn't look as lively as it normally does. They're a nice feature of the area and a great photo opportunity if you're up early and around there when they are unloading the night's catch.

Thanks for passing by Chris!

I do so as often as I can summon the enthusiasm up for that drive across the desert from Riyadh. Not too sure when the next trip will be, maybe the end of January, but more likely in March, as we've got a wedding to go to in the UK some time in February.
 
These are nice shots. The second one doesn't do much for me. I like the looks of the modern architecture.
 
Yeah, the second is meaningless, I realized this after I posted it hehe.
Thanks Digital flower for your comment.
 
Is this the Mina Sulmon area? If so it sure has changed in the last 19 years...WOW


Vince
No it's not Mina'a Salman's area ( Salman's port ), this on your way to the airport before Shaikh Isa's bridge, where used to be sea, now it's all land :(, they've ruined the Corniche to build the harbor.

It's pretty much opposite the Bab Al-Bahrain on the opposite side of the Corniche and is all sitting on reclaimed land.
Or here.
 
very nice images!

I hate to be off topic here but I was wondering if you guys can help me out on where to post a lens that I'm selling. I'm only in Bahrain for a week or so and have a mint condition Nikon 70-200mm f2.8g IF-ED (VR I). I've upgraded to the new one and would like to sell the old.

Thx,

nixage@yahoo.com
 
first photo: very nice angle.. I like the moment you created

2nd: maybe you need to place only one similar photo because when the same photo place, the whole photos may becomes not beautiful

3rd: the line and pattern is nice!1
 
Thanks, for how much do you want to sell it?

I'd like to get 600BD for it. They are going for over 1000 GBP in the UK right now.

Thanks.

irfan
it's is a bit hard to find a buyer with the price you want, there is a local forum if you want to have a try to sell the lens though.
first photo: very nice angle.. I like the moment you created

2nd: maybe you need to place only one similar photo because when the same photo place, the whole photos may becomes not beautiful

3rd: the line and pattern is nice!1
Thanks, the second photo was a failed attempt to include the third building with them.
 
Thanks, for how much do you want to sell it?

I'd like to get 600BD for it. They are going for over 1000 GBP in the UK right now.

Thanks.

irfan
it's is a bit hard to find a buyer with the price you want, there is a local forum if you want to have a try to sell the lens though.
first photo: very nice angle.. I like the moment you created

2nd: maybe you need to place only one similar photo because when the same photo place, the whole photos may becomes not beautiful

3rd: the line and pattern is nice!1
Thanks, the second photo was a failed attempt to include the third building with them.

hmm. i thought it was a fair price. Maybe even a great deal. considering it's at the low end of what they're going for in the UK (used).
Anyway, which forum is that you're talking about.

thanks for the responses.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom