ball heads

Hmm sounds like maybe the tripod I was looking at is overkill.

I'd really like to do some long exposure photography, but aside from that I think it'd be pretty average use. Nothing fancy.

this holds my camera with my 17-55 f2.8 lens mounted on the camera no problem, or my camera with the 70-200 f2.8 mounted on the lens no problem and the 70-200 is a monster. I searched for quite a while until I found a tripod to fit my criterium........ criteriun? er, specs. This was it.

i just picked up a manfrotto 190xprob and the 486RC2 ball head

holds my xti with battery grip, plus my 24-105L IS with no problems.

Here is a nice little read for you by Thom Hogan on tripod advice. If you're biting, bite down hard.

I have a Bogen 488RC4 ball head and pretty happy with it. There are better though.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone.

Two steps forward, one step back. I feel like I may have been a bit too hasty when I decided to go with the Manfrotto tripod. The article you linked to says the same thing I've been reading everyone: Gitzo's the way to go -- at double the price the Manfrotto, of course.

Here is a nice little read for you by Thom Hogan on tripod advice. If you're biting, bite down hard.

I have a Bogen 488RC4 ball head and pretty happy with it. There are better though.

The Markins M10 is looking very tempting. Silverbackmp, are using the full Markins setup, or did you get a Really Right Stuff Lever Quick Release Clamp to go with it?

I've used the 3251 Manfrotto with their 322RC2 head for a long time, and absolutely love the speed and stability. It's a bit on the heavy side, but in the portrait studio and on location it's a wonderful support. I also use a cable release to get the absolute best image possible.

Sometimes I get in a situation where I have to use a typical multi-section leg tripod and absolutely hate it. I've been spoiled by the 3251.

THe 055MF3 is a great tripod. I bought the 055ProB and wish I'd gotten the carbon fibre model.... much lighter!

I gotr the 488RC4 ballhead and it's excellent in use but is quite heavy. Not sure what better ball heads there are but for me the combo is excellent...if just a little heavy.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back