Ballet in the Park (C&C)

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are back from November... I just now got around to them because I'm behind in life. :lol:

There are things I would definitely try differently, but I figured I could still further learn from them by getting you guys to C&C them.

5415649082_4cdb2c0662_z.jpg

5415038851_d16c334fa3_z.jpg

5415649956_fb7882dfa8_z.jpg

5415650370_a4b7690bd2_z.jpg

5415652134_563d8fd9b7.jpg

5415043303_d136f756ae_z.jpg

Rest of the set is here if you're curious: http://www.flickr.com/photos/erose86/sets/72157625973735222/

Thanks!! :biggrin:

EDIT: Okay, so I have a general feel about what everyone thinks about the purple/red/pink/polka-dotted/striped tint :lmao: But what does everyone think about everything *else*? Is there anything I could improve upon... anything you like? Anything you hate (besides the color tint :lol: ) ?

Last edited:
I absolutely love ballet! The pics are really great!

the purple tint is EH but she looks graceful! good pics overall

but purple tint does really add specific mood to the pics ))

I absolutely love ballet! The pics are really great!

Thank you :sillysmi:

(Sorry, I thought I had this originally multi-quoted... I try to respond to everyone who takes the time to comment, because I feel it's only polite since they took the time :sillysmi:)

I like the pics, but I can't say I really like the purple tint. Just me I guess.

My daughter did ballet(and tap, and musical theater) in high school and yes I am poor, but it was well worth it!

I like the pics, but I can't say I really like the purple tint. Just me I guess.

My daughter did ballet(and tap, and musical theater) in high school and yes I am poor, but it was well worth it!

Thanks for the feedback. :sillysmi:

Haha, I totally get being poor from that. My parents had me and my brother and sister and all 3 of us were super active in the arts. It's certainly not an inexpensive thing to put your children through! :lol:

Love the shots, but for me the purple tint doesn't work either.
I think it's the combination of the purple coat, with the purple tinge of the background.

I love the things you are doing with photography

Nice, but everything has a purple tint

That was intentional... so I'll assume it doesn't work for you. :lol:

the purple tint is EH but she looks graceful! good pics overall

EH?

Nevermind. I got it now. :lol: You meant *literally* "eh"... I thought EH stood for something. :lol:

Love the shots, but for me the purple tint doesn't work either.
I think it's the combination of the purple coat, with the purple tinge of the background.

Gotchya, thanks for your feedback :)

It's not really a hard fix to get rid of it. I was just experimenting to see how it would work, but if it doesn't work, then it doesn't work. :lol:

The other thing is that the tint might be coming on stronger that I intended it to.

My monitor needs calibrated REALLY bad. So I checked them on my husband's laptop, just for a cross reference (not that his laptop is calibrated either...) and on *there* they looked like a flamingo had puked all over them. :lol:

So I actually dialed back the tint, but perhaps it could stand to be dialed back even further.

I really need to suck it up and get a calibration kit. :lol:

Nice set Erose. I don't mind the purple tint, I honestly didn't pay much attention since I was looking at the models lines in her legs. I think ballet is so beautiful and would love to capture some actual studio stuff like this.

As for a calibration kit why don't you just rent one every few months. I rent one for 15$ every three to four months.

Most reactions

Back