Baltimore grand prix

JohnTrav

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Here are some shots I took while at the Baltimore Grand Prix a few weeks ago. Let me know what you all think. This was my first time shooting a Grand Prix. It was a lot of fun and I am hoping to do it again.

$image-2597826433.jpg

$image-1204548316.jpg

$image-3330271169.jpg

$image-3394230763.jpg

I like #1 the best and I like the lines added by the fence, but all the shots are behind the fence and that just kills it for the remaining shots, especially with the fence posts blurring by in them.

Concentrating on #1, the only nitpick I have is that I would prefer the shot being a front quartering shot instead of a rear quartering shot.

Yeah, the fence is an image killer. It appears to be essentially the same shot taken four times. Were there any other vantage points you could have shot from?

There weren't any vantage points that I knew off. It was my first time there. I was also just in the crowd. I did not have a media pass or media access. Just happened to be in Baltimore with my equipment when it was going on so I stopped in and decided to test my panning skills. I agree that the fence is distracting. I wish i could have found a spot where i could get shots without a fence even the overpasses to the track had fences on them and those ones were more harsh than what i shot threw. All in all I was happy with these three shots. A lot of them I have came out blurry. When I first started shooting i was using such a high shutter speed it was freezing the fence and car so the fence was even more distracting. Thanks for the comments.

I shot there last year, I didnt go this year for a very good reason. Hoping the ALMS does not return there at all which Im pretty sure it wont. Street races are very tough to shoot.

I shot there last year, I didnt go this year for a very good reason. Hoping the ALMS does not return there at all which Im pretty sure it wont. Street races are very tough to shoot.

Yeah they are tough to shoot. Also makes traffic a pain too. I just wish I had some better places to shoot from instead of behind the fence the entire time but for a first time I think I did alright.

Maybe they will bring a race to Philly lol.

Don't have to worry about going there for a while. The mayor canceled 2014/2015.

Most reactions

Back