Band photos

Auspiciousnight

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are some band promos I have done. First couple are of a solo artist second is my buddies band.

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1694.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0651.jpg

Comments/suggests/advice always welcome! :D

1- Might be my crappy work monitor, but I see next to no texture in the black pants / shirt. This makes it look like floating arms, legs and head. Not sure what you did for exposure, but it looks off.
You also have some blown out whites in the guitar. Could also be that the image has some bright spots and some very dark spots...ie a high dynamic range of contrast.
I'm also not liking the blurry light coloured background on the right hand side. I first see this light section and it competes with the actual subject for interest.

2- Same contrast / black white issues as with #1. I'm not liking how the subject is blurry but the guitar is in focus. Might of been an artistic decision, but its not one that I like.

3- Same contrast / black white issues as with 1 and 2. The bottom is so bright, its bothersome. The swinging guy is also blurry and I dont like how you cut off his legs

4- Interesting concept, but I would of liked them a bit less blurred. Although if your shot theme was drunk / drinking, then this fits nicely.

5- Not liking the darkness of the image. The guy on the left's face is totally gone. Need more light coming from below or just a tad in front to light up those faces somewhat while still keeping minimal shadows

1- Might be my crappy work monitor, but I see next to no texture in the black pants / shirt. This makes it look like floating arms, legs and head. Not sure what you did for exposure, but it looks off.
You also have some blown out whites in the guitar. Could also be that the image has some bright spots and some very dark spots...ie a high dynamic range of contrast.
I'm also not liking the blurry light coloured background on the right hand side. I first see this light section and it competes with the actual subject for interest.

2- Same contrast / black white issues as with #1. I'm not liking how the subject is blurry but the guitar is in focus. Might of been an artistic decision, but its not one that I like.

3- Same contrast / black white issues as with 1 and 2. The bottom is so bright, its bothersome. The swinging guy is also blurry and I dont like how you cut off his legs

4- Interesting concept, but I would of liked them a bit less blurred. Although if your shot theme was drunk / drinking, then this fits nicely.

5- Not liking the darkness of the image. The guy on the left's face is totally gone. Need more light coming from below or just a tad in front to light up those faces somewhat while still keeping minimal shadows

Thanks!

Just some feed back, The first picture there is not much texture in the pants because the model was wearing black pants and a black shirt, however they were not matching blacks (the pants were washed out) so, I touched them up with Dodge and burn (Aperture software) to make them match.

Bands are terrible photography clients because its almost like they WANT crappy pictures.

Personally I like the idea of the second one. This guitar is probably pretty central to this man's life, right? I just wish it had been more of the guitar as the focus as opposed to the case... But I saw it and went "Clever". I assume he liked this?

Personally I like the idea of the second one. This guitar is probably pretty central to this man's life, right? I just wish it had been more of the guitar as the focus as opposed to the case... But I saw it and went "Clever". I assume he liked this?

I was going to center weight even more of the focus actually, kinda wish it was at a lower point of view using the guitar as more of a center line.

But oh well!

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back