Bannana Spider

oldhippy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well back in Chicago that what we call them as kids.
Damn that 70 some years ago
12000892_10204971381380626_4206409824207555352_o.jpg

I wonder what that really is. It doesn't look like any Banana Spiders I've seen and it's hard to imagine any South American species (the usual suspects) have set up shop in Chicago. Cool photo. Any more info?

We call them garden spiders round here.

Fantastic shot!!! Really nice!

I wonder what that really is. It doesn't look like any Banana Spiders I've seen and it's hard to imagine any South American species (the usual suspects) have set up shop in Chicago. Cool photo. Any more info?

It's actually a Yellow Garden Spider but many do call them banana spiders but they refer to Golden Orb Weavers as banana spiders too.

Last edited:
We grow up calling them Wolfspiders. But someone told me they are Garden Spiders, but it is still a Wolfspider to me! :)

Great photo, love the composition!

Looks like a nasty, biting spider...

Must be a Midwest thing, Detroiter's called them banana spiders too.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

we call them yellow garden spiders

We grow up calling them Wolfspiders. But someone told me they are Garden Spiders, but it is still a Wolfspider to me! :)

Wolf spiders actually live in burrows and hunt along the ground (probably why they're call "Wolf"). The spider in the photo is of course a web spider that waits for prey to become entrapped in it's web.

Wolf spiders actually live in burrows and hunt along the ground (probably why they're call "Wolf"). The spider in the photo is of course a web spider that waits for prey to become entrapped in it's web.

We have those to, and we grow up calling them "Grass spiders" We are messed up!:biglaugh:

Most reactions

Back