What's new

barn at midnight

Howmaybesgo

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
KCMO
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A buddy and I went out last night to try our hand at some light painting. We used a ryobi flashlight with a plastic grocery bag, a red plastic lid, and a clear plastic bowl for diffusers. I am extremely new to photography but he has some experience under his belt. Anyway here is a photo. Tell me what you think (sorry about the grain but I think it can be fixed).
JustinBarnLP.jpg
 
It's great fun, isn't it?

In my humble opinion, these types of shots look so much better when they subject still looks like it's at night. So, take a shorter exposure to capture the darkness, then paint in the details with multiple exposures.

Another great addition to this shot would have been some light pouring out of the door onto the grass like how you would see naturally in some cases.
Also watch out for your light source pointing directly at the lens like you have in the cracks of the walls. It kinda gives it all away it's a flashlight.

Keep posting these, I love this type of shooting.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom