Barn Silouette

Postman158

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Took this a couple weeks ago at my friends property.
F/22
SS 2.5

Edited-5286-L.jpg

IMO, there's no enough interesting contours in the silhouette to make the picture and the largest structure is a the edge, as if it wasn't important.

You need a foreground object that can be "read" silhouetted against the sky. In this shot, all we see is the roof and a couple of small trees. The foreground object in silhouette needs to be bigger, or more clearly-seen, or both, to make a successful sunset silhouette.

You need a foreground object that can be "read" silhouetted against the sky. In this shot, all we see is the roof and a couple of small trees.

... and a few bits of sensor dust.

The FUNNIEST sensor dust example I have EVER seen was taken by a US military photographer in Afghanistan, near sunset. The troops had a primitive outdoor shower set up on top of a wall of some type, and the photographer was down below, maybe 15 feet. He shot toward the setting sun, silhouetting a solider taking a quick outdoor shower, while another soldier stood guard on the left of the frame, his helmet and rifle saying "solider" pretty clearly. Orange sky, dark wall, dark silhouetted men, and about 500 HERKIN' DUST SPOTS! The absolute FILTHIEST sensor I have ever seen! As a news photographer, most ethical PJ's will be bound by guidelines that prohibit excessive "toning" or "manipulation" of photos, so the PJ in question appeared to have sent the frame in 100% as-shot.

Most reactions

Back