What's new

Barns ... some C&C please

clbowie

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 28, 2008
Messages
130
Reaction score
0
Location
Southern Maryland
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Did some shooting today and came home w/ only a few keepers. What do you think?

p282323169-4.jpg




p245804962-4.jpg




p226826790-4.jpg




p55510424-4.jpg
 
I really like 1 and 2. Two in my opinion is the best out of the group, but one reminds me of my grandparents farm with the row of pines.
 
i like #2 the best. I think one would of looked better if there was less foilage.
 
Thanks you two ... I still like # 4 for some reason. I'll have to go back and try another shot at #1 when I get more free time. Here was the driveway leading up to the house beside the the #1 barn picture ...

p171848071-4.jpg




It was much prettier in person! :D
 
Nice work. I love old barns.
I like #2 and #4.
I think #1 would have been better if we could see more of the barn. I like your idea of shooting with something in the forground on #1, but those trees are huge and they apear to be the main point of interest and not the barn.
I think #3 would be better if the smoke stacks weren't in the background.
May I suggest shooting these same barns again, but earlier in the day or later in the afternoon so the lighting is not so "high noon". Just my opinion.
 
Nice work. I love old barns.
I like #2 and #4.
I think #1 would have been better if we could see more of the barn. I like your idea of shooting with something in the forground on #1, but those trees are huge and they apear to be the main point of interest and not the barn.
I think #3 would be better if the smoke stacks weren't in the background.
May I suggest shooting these same barns again, but earlier in the day or later in the afternoon so the lighting is not so "high noon". Just my opinion.


Pete, from your lips to God's ears. Finding time to shoot is like finding a needle in a haystack! :lmao: But I bet those pictures would be totally different w/ different lighting. I'll have to see what I can work out and I'll post them when I can.
 
I like #2 the best, and agree that you should try again when the light is different.

On the shot of the drive, it looks just a tiny bit tilted. And it may just be my monitor (or weird brain), but the gate look dark purple.

-Dan Kennedy
 
I agree, #2 is probably the best. On number one... I think the trees are definitely a little blue, which is easy to do when working with very dark colors.

3 & 4 would both be helped with a bit of cloning. In 3 if you could get rid of the 3 stacks in the background that would help, and in 4 if you could clone out the power lines.

Also, The gate does look quite blue/purple in the shot of the drive
 
I got rid of the stacks and the lines ... what do you think?


p528160319-3.jpg





p111935289-3.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom